BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Monday, April 7, 2014

Meng Menu

I was racing to get grocery shopping done yesterday. I squeezed it in between church and meeting with a friend for coffee at 2:30. As much of a chore menu planning, coupon "clicking," and shopping for two weeks is, IT IS DONE for two weeks. Such a relief. 

I spent around $250 this week (Budget: $300) which included 3 toothbrushes, shampoo and conditioner for me, and paper towels. Not bad, not bad. 

Sunday: Sesame Chicken Pot stickers, rice w/ veggies (New recipe on the pot stickers. Fun but labor intensive! Plus, holy cow, I know now why they call them pot STICKERS…)
Monday: Hot dogs, chips, apple and orange slices
Tuesday: Slow cooked pulled pork sandwiches, baked fries, carrots and celery
Wednesday: Grilled pork chops, baked beans, salad
Thursday: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans
Friday: Out to eat

Saturday: Roast beef sandwiches, chips, fruit salad

Sunday: Sloppy joes, baked fries, Green beans
Monday: Pulled pork sandwiches, chips, carrots and celery
Tuesday:  Grilled pork chops, roasted red potatoes, salad
Wednesday: Parmesan chicken, parmesan rice, broccoli
Thursday: Spaghetti, salad
Friday: Out to eat
Saturday: Chicken w/mustard cream sauce, rice, broccoli 

If you read our menus frequently, you might see some repeat dinnersum, sloppy joes? That is because Sloppy Joes are Aaron's favorite meal. Yep. Low maintenance, that man. He could eat them every day. That, and hot dogs, which Micah says is his favorite meal. I, on the other hand, love to try new meals and have a bit more of a "foodie" palate. So…I try to keep my men happy while also preparing recipes I like too. 

How do you keep your family happy at dinner time? 

2 comments:

Moonofsilver said...

your kids are so cute :) I love that you blog about food and meal planning. I grochery shop every two weeks as well!

Brittany said...

Carolynn, thanks for your comment! Food is a huge part of my life; I love cooking--and eating--so planning fits right into all that.

I poked around your blog earlier too! I am not a follower! :) Great to meet you today. I look forward to getting to know you more!

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...