BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Meng Menu + What I'm stocking in my freezer for baby-go-time


Sunday: Chicken-Bacon-broccoli alfredo
Monday: Pork shoulder roast w/bbq sauce, twice baked potatoes, corn
Tuesday: Sausage and kale soup, rolls
Wednesday:  Chicken, broccoli and rice casserole
Thursday: Dijon pork chops, roasted red potatoes, green beans
Friday: Out to eat
Saturday: Sloppy joes, chips, carrots

Sunday: Spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad
Monday: Chicken and rice w/ dijon gravy, green beans
Tuesday: Pulled pork sandwiches, chips, carrots
Wednesday: Asian marinated chicken thighs, rice, broccoli
Thursday: Pork loin, stuffing, peas
Friday: Out to eat
Saturday: Spinach-sausage lasagna roll ups, salad, bread 

So, I took my 36 week belly grocery shopping today. I also took one of my 7 year old boys and it was a good thing too because he was a great helper as his mama huffed and puffed up the aisles of Kroger. I seriously was looking for a bench to rest because I was so tired. "So tired" actually doesn't even describe how tired I was. 
 Anyways, it is over. I am alive. I spent $268 which is awesome considering that I am going to double everything that is highlighted above for a freezer meal. 

I am due December 25 and I have been doubling recipes and stocking up on freezer meals for the past 2 weeks or so. I have 5 meals frozen so far. By the end of these two weeks hopefully my freezer will boast of these meals for my family: 

Chili (add rolls)
Cheeseburger Soup (add rolls)
Shepherd's pie
Chicken Pot Pie
Lasagna (add salad)
Asian marinated chicken thighs (add rice and microwave a veggie)
Chicken-Bacon-broccoli Alfredo (I am going to freeze cooked chicken and bacon and pair with a bag of frozen broccoli for a quick just-cook-the-pasta-pour-in-a-jar-of-sauce meal)
Chicken, rice, broccoli casserole
Pulled pork for sandwiches (add chips, apples/carrots. I bought a 7 pound roast today so hopefully we will get 4ish meals out of this roast. 
Spinach-sausage lasagna roll ups (add salad)
Twice baked potatoes (easy side dishes)

So, that's about 10 dinners that I will (hopefully) have in my freezer. We also have friends who have offered to make us dinners, which is great as I really want to take it easy for about a month after baby is born.

I also bought stuff to make (and freeze) breakfast burritos for quick breakfasts for the twins for busy school mornings. And homemade bread....and muffins. 

I am insane.

Nesting is exhausting.

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...